react-map-gl v7.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2022-02-04 // over 1 year ago
v7 is a complete rewrite of the library. It addresses many long-standing issues in v5 and v6 limited by legacy architecture decisions. The most notable results of this redesign are:
- 🐎 Performance: minimize the overhead of React, offer the same fast and smooth interaction as the native library
- 🏗 Lightweight: the ESM build size is reduced from 219k to 57k
- Predictability: Components behave the same as their mapbox counterparts. Props are mapped 1:1 from the native options wherever appropriate. Almost all imperative APIs (
fitBoundsetc.) can now be called directly without breaking the React binding.
- 🚀 Compatibility: first and third-party plugins! Directly use mapbox-gl-draw, mapbox-gl-geocoder, to name a few.
- 📄 TypeScript compliant: the code base is now entirely written in TypeScript, and all types can be imported.
⬆️ Visit the upgrade guide if you are trying to upgrade from v5 and v6.
Previous changes from v7.0.0-beta.1
- ➕ Add mapLib API (#1703)
- 👌 Support inline styling for all components (#1702)
- 🔨 Refactor Mapbox class (#1701)