pigeon-maps alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Map" category.
Alternatively, view pigeon-maps alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.8 3.9 pigeon-maps VS google-map-reactGoogle map library for react that allows rendering components as markers :tada:
6.6 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-geosuggestA React autosuggest for the Google Maps Places API.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of pigeon-maps or a related project?
Pigeon Maps - ReactJS maps without external dependencies
Demo: https://pigeon-maps.js.org/ (using maps from MapTiler, OSM and Stamen)
What is it?
Welcome to the club!
This project aims to provide a performance-first React-centric extendable map engine.
We're currently at:
- Show tiles
- Arbitrary overlays (markers, etc)
- Move the map by dragging
- Move the map by touch on mobile
- Zooming with the scroll wheel
- Zooming by touch
- Fractional zooming (e.g. to level 12.2)
- Zoom without flickering (keep old tiles until new ones load)
- Smooth animated zooming
- Slide when dragging and letting go
- Event handling (clicks, etc)
- Double click and double tap zooming
- Option to block dragging with one finger and mouse wheel scrolling without holding meta key
- Enable/disable touch and mouse events as needed - you could make a 100% static server rendered react map
- Support for 100% width/height containers
- Draggable Overlays
- Zoom Controls
- Double tap and then swipe touch zooming
- Many other components
Yeah, but why "pigeon"??
Pigeons are experts in magnetoreception. Good pigeons can find their way home from anywhere.
Magnets were essential in making the first maps. With a good map you can find your way home from anywhere.