pigeon-maps alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Map" category.
Alternatively, view pigeon-maps alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
react-map-gl9.3 8.6 pigeon-maps VS react-map-glReact friendly API wrapper around MapboxGL JS
google-map-react8.8 7.3 pigeon-maps VS google-map-reactGoogle map library for react that allows rendering components as markers :tada:
react-leaflet8.6 7.1 pigeon-maps VS react-leafletReact components for Leaflet maps
react-mapbox-gl7.6 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-mapbox-glA React binding of mapbox-gl-js
react-geosuggest6.6 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-geosuggestA React autosuggest for the Google Maps Places API.
react-gmaps4.1 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-gmapsA Google Maps component for React.js
react-googlemaps3.7 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-googlemapsA declarative React interface to Google Maps
react-svg-map3.2 0.0 pigeon-maps VS react-svg-mapA set of React.js components to display an interactive SVG map
Appwrite - The Open Source Firebase alternative introduces iOS support
Do you think we are missing an alternative of pigeon-maps or a related project?
Pigeon Maps - ReactJS maps without external dependencies
Demo: https://pigeon-maps.js.org/ (using maps from MapTiler, OSM and Stamen)
What is it?
Welcome to the club!
This project aims to provide a performance-first React-centric extendable map engine.
We're currently at:
- Show tiles
- Arbitrary overlays (markers, etc)
- Move the map by dragging
- Move the map by touch on mobile
- Zooming with the scroll wheel
- Zooming by touch
- Fractional zooming (e.g. to level 12.2)
- Zoom without flickering (keep old tiles until new ones load)
- Smooth animated zooming
- Slide when dragging and letting go
- Event handling (clicks, etc)
- Double click and double tap zooming
- Option to block dragging with one finger and mouse wheel scrolling without holding meta key
- Enable/disable touch and mouse events as needed - you could make a 100% static server rendered react map
- Support for 100% width/height containers
- Draggable Overlays
- Zoom Controls
- Double tap and then swipe touch zooming
- Many other components
Yeah, but why "pigeon"??
Pigeons are experts in magnetoreception. Good pigeons can find their way home from anywhere.
Magnets were essential in making the first maps. With a good map you can find your way home from anywhere.