cosmos-js alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Miscellaneous" category.
Alternatively, view cosmos-js alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.2 6.7 cosmos-js VS react-styleguidistIsolated React component development environment with a living style guide
5.9 0.0 cosmos-js VS react-atellierThe smartest way to share interactive components with your team.
1.8 7.8 cosmos-js VS component-controlsA next-generation tool to create blazing-fast documentation sites.
1.5 8.5 cosmos-js VS SimpleLocalize🌍 Official CLI for SimpleLocalize. Upload & download translations, extract translation keys from various project types.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cosmos-js or a related project?
Sandbox for developing and testing UI components in isolation.
- Visual TDD. Develop one component at a time. Isolate the UI you're working on and iterate quickly. Reloading your whole app on every change is slowing you down!
- Component library. Bookmark component states, from blank states to edge cases. Your component library keeps you organized and provides a solid foundation of test cases.
- Open platform. React Cosmos can be used in powerful ways. Including snapshot and visual regression testing, as well as custom integrations tailored to your needs.
🤔 Why React Cosmos?
5 Reasons to Choose React Cosmos | Medium
- Makes developers more productive
- Leads to high-quality, reusable UI components
- Makes it easy to share component libraries
- Helps with automated testing
React Cosmos is
- An isolated component environment
- Simple, detail-oriented and battle-tested
- The result of over 5 years of fine-tuning
- Compatible with other bundlers (aside from webpack)
React Cosmos is not
A Brief History of React Cosmos
- 📢 2014 Cosmos.js, autonomous components for scaling user interfaces | Reddit
- 📺 2015 Can components be truly encapsulated? | React Europe
- 📝 2016 Fighting for Component Independence | Medium
- 📺 2017 UI Development Made Simple | JSHeroes
- 🐦 2019 React Cosmos 5 in 21 tweets | Twitter
- 💬 2019 I made a tool for creating React components with visual TDD | SourceSort
- 💬 2020 A development environment for ambitious developers | SurviveJS
Hi there. I'm Ovidiu, the core maintainer of React Cosmos. I spend ridiculous amounts of time perfecting this project because I love building user interfaces and making useful things.
React Cosmos is licensed as MIT and will always be free. If you want to support me, however, become a Sponsor and ensure this journey continues!
Special thanks to
- @maxsalven and @xavxyz for the long conversations and recurring support along the years.
- @catalinmiron, @flaviusone, @NiGhTTraX, @ovidiubute, @RadValentin, @tkjone, and all the other contributors.
- Kreativa Studio for the iconic Cosmonaut illustration.
React Cosmos is still alive because of you!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the cosmos-js README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.