component-controls alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Miscellaneous" category.
Alternatively, view component-controls alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Isolated React component development environment with a living style guide
8.9 7.4 component-controls VS cosmos-jsSandbox for developing and testing UI components in isolation
The smartest way to share interactive components with your team.
🌍 Official CLI for SimpleLocalize. Upload & download translations, extract translation keys from various project types.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of component-controls or a related project?
Table of contents
- Showcase sites
component-controls is a next-generation tool to help create blazing-fast documentation sites for your libraries and components.
Before starting, take a look at our blog post gatsby vs nextjs vs storybook comparison for generating static documentation sites.
We believe in the practice of dogfooding, thus we have created the full documentation sites for component-controls using - well, component-controls. Everything from blog posts, tutorials, author profiles to auto-generated component documentation, and testing pages.
This site shows how to create documentation for a custom react UI component library
3. theme-ui design system
This site showcases creating documentation sites for third-party libraries, that are installed in the
node_modules folder of your project
4. starter projects
A collection of simple starter projects, showcasing how to create an MDX pure documentation page, and MDX custom documentation page with a component interactive
- Create a components development environment with testing as a first-class feature.
- Provide out-of-the-box documentation experience with markdown pages for home page, blogging, and general project documentation.
- Use smart "super-bundlers" (gatsby, nextjs) to build compact and fast documentation sites.
- Decouple the user interface from the loading of the 'stories' = modular design.
- Do not modify the source files (both story and component files) at instrumentation-time as much as possible to avoid random build/run-time errors. The exception is only where necessary, ie instrumenting coverage or performance profiling probes.
- Ability to document "external" component libraries, living in a separate package from the "stories" package.
- Built-in AST instrumentation module.
- Create and support open declarative story formats.
Many developments have contributed to the creation of
component-controls, a few of them are:
storybook is the original component development system that helps teams to design, develop, and test components. The strong support for testing and the creation of an open Component Story Format was an inspiration, as well as the Storybook Addon Knobs for providing configurable component properties.
docusaurus creates very clean and effective UX for documentation websites. Provides excellent options for project blogging, versioning, translation, and algolia-powered search.
abstract syntax tree (AST) advancements have been greatly responsible for making possible the parsing and analysis features of this library.
theme-ui is the driving force for standardizing
reacttheming and design systems.
theme-uiis used by our project as the theming and components founding block.
mdx is driving the adoption of JSX in Markdown and allows writing rich, interactive documentation pages.
- [x] Core packages
- [x] Support ESM and MDX stories format
- [x] Instrumentation packages
- [x] UI Libraries
- [x] Storybook integration with addon-docs
- [x] Storybook integration without addon-docs (replace all storybook loaders)
- [x] Standalone webpack compiler API
- [x] HMR
- [x] Gatsby standalone app/static app builder
- [x] Nextjs standalone app/static app builder
- [x] Integrated testing facilites
- [x] Design tokens componnets to document design systems
- [x] Support frontmatter MDX declarations
- [ ] Multiple frameworks support (Vue, Angular, tbd)
- [ ] Coverage and performance profiling instrumentation